Christopher J. Hanna
Entrepreneurial and driven Digital Marketing Executive, with 20+ years of leading industry expertise in founding multiple companies and working with 1,000+ organizations. Facilitator and strategist of world-class technology and digital marketing solutions, with a specialty in both start-ups and established global companies. High-energy leader known for quickly understanding and solving problems and delivering results.
Completed projects for some of the world’s most recognized brands including Coca-Cola, Kellogg’s, Microsoft, Walmart, Glock, LG, Crystal Springs, Lowes, SAAB, Graybar, Bosch, Honeywell, Xerox, and many more.
- Budget Development & Cost Control
- Business Development
- Client & Customer Outreach
- Competitor & Landscape Analysis
- Creative Design & Strategy
- Digital marketing/SEM strategy
- Leadership &Team Building
- PPC & Social Media Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Web Technology & Requirements
TSM AgencyPresident & Owner
• Developed and executed marketing plans resulting in a 4,285% increase in visitors, 442% increase in SERPs, 467% increase in top three rankings, and 600% increase in leads within a year. • Led a major website overhaul and technical requirements creation to streamline repetitive tasks, reduce turn around time, and improve communication. • Monitored analytics daily to find and seize opportunities that contributed to growth. • Implemented keyword targeting for two distinctly different demographics and met goals for both; increasing staffing talent pool and increasing leads. • Increased response rates to staffing opportunities by 400%. • Created the brand, designed and wrote all web pages, implemented usability and A/B testing, and defined business system requirements. • Executed SEO initiative achieving dominate positioning in organic search. • Clients include Google, Fiji Water, LG, Allstate, Arizona Beverages, IZOD, Maxim Magazine, Hilton Hotels, Microsoft, and more.
Atomic DesignPresident, Digital Lead & Owner
• Ran a digital agency for over twenty years and in two different cities; Atlanta, Georgia, and Rochester, New York. Core services included creative design and strategy, website development, advertising, and digital marketing with a focus on organic search engine optimization. • Developed firm’s initial pitch offering, proposals, and brand story which generated $1MM+ annual revenue stream, within two years, and performed business development duties and communication with C-level executives. • Managed and trained a maximum team size of fifteen. • Oversaw ASP.NET, PHP, and WordPress development. • Researched, evaluated, and finalized SEO best practices and software choices. • Created process improvements to achieve business goals. • Won numerous creative and marketing awards on a regional and global level. • Architected, designed, and wrote web and software requirement specifications. • Recognized as a top local web agency and marketing firm within two years. • Continually ranked clients on a global level through proven SEO tactics; since 2001. • Implemented SEO, Adwords, video, direct marketing, email marketing, Social media, print, tv, and radio campaigns. • Negotiated and managed vendor and supplier relationships for agency and clients. • Creating cross-functional teams, with consistent achievement in motivating and engaging employees building top performing teams in the organization improving employee retention and working relationships in all departments. • Benchmarked and provided quantifiable results through analytics. • Completed projects for start-ups, established companies, and some of the world’s most recognized brands including Coca-Cola, Kellogg’s, Microsoft, Walmart, Glock, LG, Crystal Springs, Lowes, SAAB, Graybar, Bosch, Honeywell, Xerox, and more.
CitrusWebPresident & Owner
• Modular ASP.NET CMS, shopping cart, corporate portal, and document center. • Channel marketing programs: auto, e-commerce, manufacturing, and service. • Analyzed and wrote requirements for developers. Identified, recommended, and prioritized new application features in conjunction with business leaders. • Provided a solution that was easier to customize than industry-leading solutions. • Sold the technology and assisted in transitioning and training.
Healthy Living MagazineCTO, Creative Director & Co-Owner
• Two city specific healthy living print magazines and websites; Rochester Healthy Living & Buffalo Healthy Living. • Created and managed the brand and identity. • Designed and implemented web software to manage advertising orders and printing. • Produced the monthly print magazine and managed vendor services.
National Electric Kart & Bike Company
- Implemented all on-site and off-site SEO tactics with additional Youtube and PPC marketing that drive traffic and convert to sales.
- Setup Google Adwords campaigns that the client manages in-house.
- Achieved national rankings for all targeted keywords generating 66% growth in one year, and contributing to the company joining the Inc. 5000 list.
- Improved site visitor experience through A/B and multi-variant testing.
Global Intellectual Property Software Provider
- Designed the website, landing pages, icons, infographics, and support collateral
creating a cohesive brand image and color palette.
- Implemented a marketing audit, website and brand review, and competitor analysis that uncovered significant issues with the domain and brand.
- Created and implemented a digital marketing plan.
- Performed keyword research that refined targeted terms, uncovered opportunities,
and defined the content strategy.
- Page one SERP results increased 231% and were relevant and targeted terms.
- Increased organic traffic 295% in three months leading to more targeted site visitorsand a significant increase in leads.
CDC (Center for Disease Control) – www.hivtest.org
- Designed, programmed, and wrote campaigns.
- Managed $100,000 monthly ad spend on Google Display Networks.
- Reviewed analytics, implemented A/B testing and presented campaign results.
Global Optics Company
- Performed a brand audit, company review, and landscape and competitor analysis.
- Designed and implemented a digital marketing campaign focusing on SEO that increased online sales 3,470% in eighteen months; $72,000 to $2.1MM.
- Analyzed data to identify opportunities, generate reports, and adjust campaigns as necessary to produce the most optimal ROI.
Primary Responsibilities - All Positions
- Determined strategic direction and spearheaded technological integration for results.
- Focused on analytics and impactful digital marketing campaigns to grow revenue.
- Determined profit impact of marketing strategies (PIMS) for optimal outcomes.
- Lead long-range growth planning, digital strategy, and measured results.
- Created branding and design that resulted in industry leading image and messaging.
- Displayed a strong technical aptitude to keep companies relevant.
- Wrote marketing content; website and print collateral to drive conversions.
- Leveraged data to define attribution, grow acquisition, and increase personalization.
- Managed PPC and online ad spending to maximize budgets.
- Studied analytics to discover opportunities and adjust campaigns for ROI.
- Directly interacted with owners, CEOs, CMOs, and other high-level positions for the clearest communication and to minimize misunderstandings.
- Spearheaded social media strategy, creating buzz and increasing engagement.
- Actualized A/B or Multivariate testing and persuasive website architecture to optimize
- Demonstrated agility and the ability to assess landscapes quickly and adjust solutions
and campaigns accordingly in order to maximize engagement.
- Oversaw marketing attribution stacks and integrating digital technology
- Implemented and measured SEO, SEM, paid, social, traditional print, television, direct
response, and radio campaigns.
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (RIT)
BA, Graphic Design, 1993.
Masters Courses in Business Management. Minor in Communications.